In a dynamic and challenging business environment, Chartered Accountants are looked upon as Complete Business Solution Providers. They are thoroughly trained practically in all avenues of Finance and Accounting. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) provides an opportunity both to employing organisations as well as young professional aspirants and experienced professionals through ICAI Campus Placement Programme to meet and explore the possibility of taking up positions in the industry.
The campus placement programme of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is held twice a year. It aids Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants and organizations to hire the best talent.
ICAI through its Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B) is all set to hold its 50th edition of the ICAI Campus Placement Programme in September-October, 2019 across 18 centres in the country. Here we go with the details:
What is Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B)?
ICAI through its Committee for Members in Industry & Business (CMI&B) provides an opportunity both to employing organizations as well as young professional aspirants to interact together and explore the possibility of mutually beneficial employment. The Institute acts as an enabling channel to connect the newly qualified Chartered Accountants (NQCAs) and the recruiters on a common platform and has since long been facilitating them to fulfil their mutually beneficial requirements.
The Placement Programme offers an excellent opportunity to the recruiters for picking the best and the brightest from a pool of talented professionals.
Objectives of CMI & B
- Maintaining a strong and spontaneous relationship with the industry and other business houses.
- An initiative in that effect remains the Campus Placement Programme (held twice a year) that provides a platform to both the Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants (NQCAs) and the organizations looking to hire the best available talents to fulfil their human resource requirements.
What ICAI can do for you?
- ICAI simply acts as a facilitator to bring the recruiter and NQCAs together.
- Facilitate your search for a complete business solution provider.
- Online web portal for registration and shortlisting of candidates.
- Online Psychometric test and written test, if required.
- Facilitate interviews.
Check Out | Important Announcement on SSP Portal
Why Newly Qualified CAs are preferred over other freshers?
As a matter of fact, the Chartered Accountants, because of their sound technical knowledge and on-the-job training, are looked upon as complete business solution providers and are preferred over other freshers. This Campus Placement Programme, being a one-stop solution, offers a unique opportunity to the employers to interact with the NQCAs, peruse the particulars of a huge pool of promising professionals and recruit the suitable one(s) who is found to be better than the best.
Who Can Take Part?
The candidates who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to appear in the Campus Placement Programme to be held in September-October, 2019.
- Candidates who Clear Final Examination of Chartered Accountancy Course in May 2019, and will complete their articleship by 31st October 2019.
- Candidates who have cleared the examination in November 2018/May 2018. Or the candidates whose CA Final results were declared in revaluation/re-verification after 28th February 2019 and are completing their articleship between 1st May, 2019, and 31st October, 2019 and have not applied in earlier Campus Placement Programme.
The candidates who have GMCS/Articleship but yet not attained 21 years of age to secure ICAI membership are required to seek special permission from CMI&B Secretariat through email at [email protected] for attending the campus placement.
Campus Placement Programme by ICAI September-October, 2019
The campus placement programme will be covering the month of September and October. Registration for May 2019 pass out candidates begins on and from 19th August 2019. Candidates who passed out prior to May’19 but could not appear regular campus due to certain reasons, specified above are now eligible for August-September-October’19 and their online registration begins on and from 5th Aug’19.
Campus Interview Schedule
|1.||Mumbai & New Delhi||19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th September, 2019|
|2.||Chennai||20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th & 27th September, 2019|
|3.||Kolkata||21st, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th & 28th September, 2019|
|4.||Bangaluru||23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th & 29th September, 2019|
|5.||Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur & Pune||25th, 26th, 27th, 28th & 30th September, 2019|
|6.||Durgapur & Ernakulam||22nd October, 2019|
|7.||Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Indore & Kanpur||24th & 25th October, 2019|
|8.||Thane & Noida||24th & 25th October, 2019|
The last date of registration for both the categories will be 26th August, 2019 and no extension of date will be possible if you opt for one bigger and one smaller centre. However, registration only for smaller centres will remain open till 16th September, 2019. In the event, if you wish to change bigger centre you can do so through the portal on 27th Sept’19 (up to 5:00PM).
You can read or download the Brochure of Campus Placement from the link provided.
- Registration fee of Campus Placement Programme September-October 2019 is Rs. 500/- per candidate (inclusive of taxes) is to be paid along with a security deposit of Rs 5000 by online mode Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Rs. 5000 will be refundable to those candidates who will honour the campus norms.
Guidelines To Registration
- Secure Membership of ICAI immediately after passing the CA Final Exam.
- Quote the membership number or Acknowledgement receipt number issued, upon submission of Form-2 on the Online Portal for campus registration. Else, state by which date you will submit membership Form-2.
- Quote GMCS completion certificate number or mention the completion date while registering on the placement portal.
- For online Registration please visit https://cmib.icai.org and generate your password.
- Then put your CA Final Roll No. to log in at https://cpabiplacements.icai.org. Check the accuracy of the data already available on the portal concerning your candidature.
- Fill all the column/fields with care and caution as furnishing any incomplete or incorrect information may cause cancellation of your candidature during the course of campus interview.
- Secure the unique Centre code such as DEL/MUM/KOL/CHE etc.
- After successful completion of your Registration, take a print out of the profile and photo identity card and that is to be produced while visiting for attending Orientation Programme and Campus Interview.
- In the event of not being selected in the bigger centre but wish to change the smaller centre, you can do so through the portal on 1st – 2nd September, 2019 (up to 5:00 P.M.).
- Attend Orientation Programme (which is mandatory) at any of the 9 bigger centres, irrespective of the fact whether you have been shortlisted by any company till the date that event be held.
- Strictly adhere to the dress code as recommended for members of the Institute.
- Collect ICAI Lanyard immediately after marking your attendance in a venue, before attending the interview and carry it all along.
- The shortlisting status of various companies as well as information regarding Written/Psychometric test etc. will go to respective candidate’s login; keep on viewing your login ID at https://cpabiplacements.icai.org regularly.
- You are free to choose maximum 4 companies of your choice and give consent for attending those interviews on the specified date(s) for bigger and smaller centres, in the event of not being selected at a bigger centre.
- Try to attend the interview of all the companies for which you have given consent.
- Sign the printed Declaration Form that will contain your name/centre code, after you gave consent to only one company of your choice or you may fix a convenient date through mutual agreement.
- Strictly adhere to the date by which the company wants you to join or you may fix a convenient date through mutual agreement.
- Share your views and suggestion on the Feedback Form, once you completed the interview.
- Food would be provided at the venue according to the Orientation Programme and interview schedule.
- Be at the venue at least half an hour before the schedule of events such as, Orientation and Campus interview to facilitate checking of your identity.
- Group Discussion timing will be 9 A.M. to 10 A.M; Interview will begin from 10 A.M. and you need to face so according to the convenience of the company for which you gave consent.
- Get Company related queries if any, clarified, such as, its future prospects, and place of posting etc. then and there, before signing the Declaration Form.
- If you are not in genuine need of a job, avoid registering for Campus Placement Programme.
- If your articleship will be completed after 31st October, 2019 please wait for the next campus.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be allowed to enter the venue during the days of the campus interview.
- Carry original mark-sheets only, if it was specifically required by the company that shortlisted you.
- Stay present at the venue until you have completed attending all the interviews or gave consent to a particular company.
- Organizations usually expect candidates to be available for joining them immediately; so, avoid registering for campus if you are to serve notice period for more than one month.
- Avoid blocking an opportunity, which other candidate(s) could secure, due to your indecisiveness such as, not giving consent after being shortlisted, not attending an interview after giving consent, not signing the Declaration Form after being finally selected or not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form.
- In the event of not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form, candidates have to pay Commitment Charges of Rs. 5,000/ (Rupees Five Thousand) and such behavior would be viewed seriously as it blocks the opportunity of others and affects the schedule of that company.
Link for Preliminary Registration for Candidates Qualified in Nov 2018 / May 2018 Final Exam
For Registration/ Guidance/Queries, please write at [email protected] or contact at 01130110491/548/450/525 between 2 pm to 5 pm only.
Disclaimer: The CMI&B of ICAI reserves the rights to change its policy regarding the programme, dates, venue etc., at any point of time as per its discretion.
You may read or download the Candidate’s Guideline from the link provided.
Frequently Asked Queries (FAQs) for the participating candidates
Here are some Frequently asked Queries (FAQs) for the participating candidates. As an endeavour to provide assistance to the Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants while registering on https://cmib.icai.org for participation in Campus Placement Programme the CMI&B has come up with answers to some of the frequently asked queries which are based on the queries received from the Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants who have participated in the Campus Placement Programmes earlier.
*Make sure that you go through the above guidelines and the following FAQs before applying for Campus Placement Programme.
Q.1 If a candidate has qualified in the CA. Final Exam in May 2019 but the Articleship is not completing in accordance with the Eligibility Guidelines i.e. up to 31st October, 2019, is he/she eligible for Campus Placement Programme August-September 2019?
A.1 Where the candidates have qualified in May 2019 final examination but his/her Articleship is not completing in accordance with the cut-off dates as mentioned above in the Eligibility Guidelines, he/she shall be permitted to appear in the Campus Placement Programme to be held in Feb-March 2020.
Q.2 If a candidate has qualified the CA. Final Exam in Nov 2018 and is below 21years of age due to which he/she is not eligible to apply for ICAI Membership, is he/she eligible for Campus Placement Programme February-March, 2019?
A.2 A candidate who has completed Articleship but yet to attain 21 years of age to secure ICAI membership, is required to seek special permission through email at [email protected] for attending Campus Interviews.
Q.1 If Eligible, how to register for the Campus Placement Programme?
A.1 The registration for the Campus Placement Programme shall be online and would be carried out through https://cmib.icai.org.
Q.2 For which category of candidate’s preliminary registration is required?
A.2 Only Chartered Accountants who have qualified CA Final Examination held in November 2018 and May 2018 and whose CA. Final Result was declared in Revaluation /re-verification after 28th Feb 2019 and Completing his/her articleship between 1st May 2019 and 31st October 2019 and have not applied in earlier Campus Placement Programme have to go for preliminary registration.
Q.3 How to select your centre online?
A.3 Candidate should follow the below-mentioned procedure to select the centre online: a. A candidate who wants to opt for both bigger and smaller centre:
The candidate should select the bigger centre in the first choice (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune) and then in the second choice he should select the smaller centre (Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Indore, Kanpur & Thane) from where he/she wants to appear.
Q.4 After registering online on the placements website, if a candidate wants to change his/her centre, what should they do?
A.4 It is not possible to change the centre of appearing in the campus placement programme after successful registration and receipt of Centre Code. But in Exceptional Circumstances, he/she may request CMI&B at [email protected]
Q.5 While registering for campus placement programme, if the candidate could not fill the entire form at one time, can he/she edit the form again?
A.5 Yes, the option to edit the form remains open unless and until the entire online form is filled (Till the last date of registration) and successfully submitted and centre code has been allotted (E.g. DEL, MUM etc) to the candidate.
Q.6 While registering for Campus Placement Programme, if a candidate, due to mistake has given his/her wrong e-mail address and wants to change email id then what should the candidate do?
A.6 The candidate may change email ids on his/her own by logging on to the placement portal and the option to change the email id appears at the profile of the home page (setting section on Update Profile).
Q.7 What if a candidate is not selected from the bigger centre from where one has registered? Will the candidate be given four fresh chances to select the Company at smaller Centre?
A.7 If any candidate from Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune has not been selected by the company or the candidate does not accept the offer, his/her database would be merged (after validation within the date of resubmission) with the centre of his/her second choice (smaller centre) i.e. amongst Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Indore, Kanpur & Thane. Also, the candidate would be given Four fresh chances to select company at second choice centre.
Q.8 If a candidate has opted only for (Bigger Centres) centres like Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune
When the database would be merged with the second choice centre?
The database of the candidates appearing for the interviews at the bigger centres would be merged with their second choice centre after completion of first round of interview, in case the candidates do not get selected or do not give consent to the offer letter at the centre of their first choice subsequent to the completion of interviews at the centre of the first choice.
Whether a candidate (after database merger) would be allotted a new centre code according to the second choice?
After the merger of the database to the second choice centre, the candidate would receive a New Centre Code. They would be required to take the Print out of the new Photo-ID Card and profile also, at the Initial stage only the centre for the first centre code would be visible in the Photo-ID Card of the candidate.
Q.9 Whether the candidate can edit the form after the same has been successfully submitted and unique centre code has been generated?
A.9 No, there is no option to edit the form after it has been successfully submitted. In the event of not being selected in the bigger centre but wish to change the smaller centre, you can do so through the portal on 1st-2nd Sep, 2019 (up to 5:00 P.M.).
Q.10 If an eligible candidate has not registered for the placement programme, would he/she be eligible for the next campus placement programme?
A.10 The eligibility for a particular placement programme is governed as specified in the announcement link. If a candidate has not registered or participated in the campus placement, despite being eligible to participate, he/she would not be able to participate in the subsequent campus placement programmes for newly qualified Chartered Accountants.
Pre Placement FAQs
Q.1 Will there be presentations by the companies at the Campus Interview centres?
A.1 Yes, the participating companies would conduct their presentations at the Campus Interview centres prior to Interviews according to the respective schedule of the PPT (Pre Placement Talk) hosted on https://cmib.icai.org.
In Pre-Placement Talk (PPT) the recruiting organizations shall conduct a presentation in accordance with the specified schedule. In the same, the representatives would describe the company itself, what the company looks for in its candidate, what are the benefits of joining the company and what are the various selection procedures to get the final job offer. It may also have a Q&A round at the end for candidates to ask their queries.
Besides this, a provision has been made for the participating entities to upload their presentation online which would be visible in candidate login. The Candidates are advised to check these presentations for information regarding the No. of Recruitments to be done centre-wise by their organisation, CTC to be offered, Job Profile along with likely place of posting in Department, Working hours -Whether normal working hours or otherwise in shifts i.e US, UK or India, Age limit, No. of recruitments to be done for General/OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates center wise, Required Cut off for percentage of Marks/attempt in CA Foundation/Inter/Final, if any, Process of recruitment, condition of bond from the selected candidates, etc.
Attending of PPT at the metro cities by the shortlisted candidates is mandatory.
Q.2 How to get information about the job profiles, Place of posting, CTC, minimum take-home salary etc?
A.2 The shortlisted candidates are required to go through the Online Presentations hosted by the participating companies in their login which would provide them details regarding the job profile, place of posting, CTC etc. Also, it is mandatory for the Shortlisted candidate to attend the pre-placement talk.
Orientation Programme FAQs
Q.1 Is attending Orientation Programme compulsory?
A.1 Yes, attending Orientation Programme is compulsory for participation in Campus Placement Programme. Moreover, in the orientation programme candidates gain a first-hand experience, which helps them to face the questions of the interviewing teams in a better manner.
Shortlisting and Interview Process FAQs
Q.1 What would be the criteria of shortlisting by the companies?
A.1 The criteria for shortlisting is determined by the participating organizations themselves and ICAI does not intervene in the selection process. However, the maximum number of shortlisting by recruiting entities will not exceed 15 times the number of vacancies they declared. Also, the participating organisations usually shortlist depending upon overall educational qualifications, Number of attempts, other attributes, Completion of Articleship and in case more number of candidates qualify the selection criteria (Restriction being 15 times the number of vacancies) companies may choose on a random basis as per their choice.
Organisations participating in the Campus Placement Programme prefer that the candidates selected by them should be ready to join the organisations immediately and should not claim that their Articleship is pending and requires more time to join, which will affect the very purpose of the campus placement programme and its success which is primarily driven by number of organisations participating and the positions offered.
Q.2 What is the second round of shortlisting by companies and how is it beneficial to the candidates?
A.2 The online shortlisting by the participating organizations is done in two rounds at each centre. In case the recruiting entity has not received enough number of consents from the candidates after the first round of shortlisting it may opt for the second round of shortlisting. Also, second round shortlisting will be restricted to total vacancy*15 times i.e. (previous consent + new shortlisting total = vacancy*15times).
Q.3 What would be the criteria for selection in the second round of shortlisting by the companies?
A.3 The criteria for shortlisting the candidates for the second round is:
Step 1: After the first round of shortlisting by companies, candidates would mark their consent online.
Step 2: First round of consent date will be closed and now the company can see and shortlist the remaining candidates from that particular centre and following database as mentioned below will be visible to the company for shortlisting.
- Candidates who have not been shortlisted by any company
- Candidates shortlisted but have not given consent to any company.
- Candidates who have given consent to 3 or less than 3 companies
Step 3: Again the shortlisted candidates in the second round can give their consent within the stipulated time limit.
Q.4 What if a candidate fails to give consent after the first round of shortlisting. Whether the candidate can give consent to the companies that have shortlisted him/her in the first round after being shortlisted in the second round?
A.4 A candidate should give consent up to the last date of consent sending by the candidates as specified in the announcement in each round itself. However, after being shortlisted in the second round the candidate can give consent only to those companies that have shortlisted them in the second round and not to the companies that have shortlisted them in the first round. In other words, the consent for the shortlisting done in the First Round has to be given on the dates prescribed for the Consent for the First Round and not in the Second Round.
Q.5 Are Candidates required to attend all the interviews for which he/she gave consent.
A.5 Try to attend the interview of all the companies for which you have given consent.
Q.6 What are the Companies that will be participating in the Campus Placement Programme?
A.6 The information regarding participating Companies will be hosted on the placement Portal https://cmib.icai.org under ‘Latest News’.
Q.7 What documents a candidate needs to carry at the time of Interview?
A.7. Participants should take the print out of their Photo Identity Card and online Print Profile which is available in their login id, as a proof of their identity for attending Orientation Programme and Campus interviews. Moreover, Candidates need to carry such documents as are sought by the companies for which they have been shortlisted or to be interviewed. So, please view the portal through your login id.
Q.8 Whether any stay arrangements or TA/DA will be provided?
A.8 NO TA/DA or stay arrangements will be provided by CMI&B of ICAI.
Q. 9 When will open interviews commence on the campus?
A .9 There will be no Open Interviews.
Online Payment FAQs
Q.1 Even after making the payment of Rs 500/- inclusive of tax through credit/debit card, if the candidate is not allotted a Centre Code?
A.1. While registering online on https://cmib.icai.org for the Campus Placement Programme the candidate is allotted a Centre Code immediately if the transaction is successful.
In cases after making the online payment if the Centre Code is not allotted, the candidates are advised to kindly make the payment again and get the Centre Code, since the time for the online registration is limited. The extra payment that is received by ICAI, would be refunded.
Q.2 While making the online payment of the registration fees, if extra payment is made will it be refunded?
A.2 If the online payment of the registration fees for the Campus Placement Programme is made twice by any candidate i.e more than one successful transactions are made then the additional payment would be refunded to the candidate.
Q.3 Will Credit/Debit Card be accepted for making the payment?
A.3 Yes, any Credit/Debit Cards are acceptable.
Q.4 Can I make cash payment instead of online payment?
A.4 No, payments will only be accepted by credit/debit card.
Report on Campus Placement Programme February-March, 2019
As per the report of the recently organised campus placement programme in Feb-March 2019, the highest Chartered Accountant Salary for International Posting was ₹ 36 Lakhs p.a. Highest CTC (cost to company) offered for domestic posting was ₹ 22.50 Lac per annum.
The average salary of a newly qualified Chartered Accountant (CA) in India was ₹ 7.43 Lakh Per Annum. Total 730 newly qualified CAs got a salary package of more than ₹ 9 lakhs per annum.
Highlights of the campus placement programme
|Particulars||Campus placement Programme Feb-Mar, 2019|
|Number of candidates registered||9011|
|No. of candidates finally appeared for the interview||6646|
|Number of jobs offered by the participating companies||3815|
|Number of jobs accepted by the candidates||3180|
|Highest CTC (cost to company) offered for domestic posting||INR 22.50 Lakhs (per annum)|
|Highest CTC (cost to company) offered for International posting||INR 36.00 Lakhs (per annum)|
|Average CTC (cost to company)||INR 7.43 Lakhs (per annum)|
|Percentage of placement (job offered/ candidates appeared)||57.40%|
The ICAI thus plays a dynamic role in building the platform connecting the industries and young professionals. ICAI has been providing employment opportunity to the newly qualified Chartered Accountants through the ICAI Campus placement process. ICAI Campus placement began in 1995 and during the years – 2006 to 2018, nearly 30,000 Chartered Accountants secured entry in the industry through the campus placement. Wish you find this blog helpful and register yourself for the ICAI Campus Placement Programme. The programme is organized for your benefit. Go, make use of it. Also, if you have any queries, drop them in the comments below.